Tuesday, August 26, 2014

MOC: Technic B-25 Mitchell WIP Part 5

More progress has been made on the B-25 in the past week so here's what I've done.

This past week I tried to focus on the placement of the motors for the landing gear and the mechanism to connect them to the actual landing gear. I also added the two main beams where the wings are going attach to.

This is the motor for the landing gear on the wings.
This is the motor of the nose landing gear.
And as usual a picture of the over progress, I'll probably work on the tail section a bit more and get the battery box mounted as well this next week.

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

MOC: Technic B-25 Mitchell WIP Part 4

I've managed to get a bit more work done on the B-25 over the past week so I thought I'd post another update on what I've done. First of I've done a bit of work on the control system so now the control stick has all it's outputs and I just need to connect them all to the control surfaces which will be done once I've actually made the control surfaces.

These two outputs are for the ailerons.
The other part I worked on was the tail. I replaced some of the 1x16 studded beams with 1x14 studded beams and started on the very beginnings of the tailplane.

And finally the overall progress I've made on the fuselage.

Monday, August 11, 2014

MOC: Technic B-25 Mitchell WIP Part 3

Just a quick update today as I haven't gotten much building done in the past week. I did a bit of work on the tail section and I think I've come up with a design that should be quite strong once it's finished. It's also now getting close to how long it's going to end up being once finished.

I have actually run out of 1x16 studded beams so I might replace some in the tail with 1x14 studded beams.
And thats it for this update. Hopefully I get a bit more building done this week.

Monday, August 4, 2014

MOC: Technic B-25 Mitchell WIP Part 2

I've done quite a bit of work on the B-25 so I thought I'd post another update and show what I've done since the first part. First up I replaced the left and right landing gear mechanism with a bit better design that should be a bit stronger and work a bit better.

This is actually the beginning of the right engine bay.
The landing gear mechanism is a bit easier to see on this side as it isn't built up as much.
The landing gear in the down position.

Next I built the control stick and peddle for the ailerons, elevator and rudder.

As you can see this is more compact than the control system I built for my Spitfire.

I've only added one peddle for the rudder as to try and fit two inside such a small area would
be difficult so I thought I'd go for just one to make it a bit easier. I've also added the front landing gear as well.

Lastly a couple of shots of the overall progress I've made.